Hello. This is DUZ. ( ´͈ ᵕ `͈ )◞💙
It's been said that one of the most common reasons our dogs visit the vet is because of ear infections!
That's why we've dedicated today's post to dog ear disease.
What is dog ear infections?
The correct name for dog ear disease is otitis externa.
It's one of the most common illnesses that pets get, and it's one of the most common causes of veterinary visits because it's so difficult to cure.😥
Causes of ear disease
1. grass or ticks that your dog gets into while walking.
2. improper ear cleaning
3. Improper drying of the ears after entering water
4. Allergies or atopic skin caused by various foods
These are the four most common causes of ear infections.
So, before you go to the doctor, it's a good idea to do a self-diagnosis to see if your dog has an earache or not.😢
What are the symptoms of an ear infection?
1. vigorous scratching behind the ear or rubbing the ear on the floor.
2. walking around with your head tilted to one side, or turning your head frequently and violently.
3. Severe swelling or redness inside the ear.
4. foul odor from the ear area and a noticeable increase in discharge.
5. The area around the ear is more sensitive than usual to touch.
If you have three or more of these signs, you may have an ear infection.
Once you have an ear infection, it's easy to relapse and difficult to cure, so prevention is the first priority.
How to prevent ear infections in dogs
1. Remove hair from children who have a lot of hair in their ears.
2. Dry your child's ears thoroughly after bathing or playing in the water.
3. Clean your child's ears once or twice a week (no cotton swabs, please! Use your hands to gently clean)
4. If your child has large ears, tie them up frequently to keep them airy.
With a little care, you can keep your child's ears healthy and free of ear diseases.
Let's take a little more care.🥰
The best way to dry your dog's ears is with the DUZ Dryer!
Check out the link below.
Thanks for reading. Have a good day!